- Bronze Award, e-commerce category, Horizon Interactive Awards 2008
- Best Content Management, MarketShare Awards 2005 (FlySN.com)
- Best Layout, Silver, MarketShare Awards 2005 (FlySN.com)
- Best Information Structure, Gold, MarketShare Awards 2005 (FlySN.com)
- Best Business of The Year, 5th Night Of Internet 2004 (FlySN.com)
Brussels Airlines (formerly known as SN Brussels Airlines) is a mid-market carrier. It targets passengers looking for a good price/quality offer, between the low cost (RyanAir, EasyJet) and top level players. Customers in this segment want affordable, competitive prices, while enjoying some facilities like fast luggage delivery and special meals on board.
Emakina has been working with this client since 2003 to build BrusselsAirlines.com. At that time less than 5 % sales were online. We provided a comprehensive solution, which included everything from the technological development (content management implementation and custom-made features) to web design and usability.
- act as an efficient online sales channel for Brussels Airlines
- provide a one-stop-shop for customers through a powerful range of online services
- position the brand in the marketplace.
In 2008, we were asked to create a new website which would:
- User experience. Emakina’s strategy focused on the end user’s perspective. We thought about the whole customer journey and made recommendations about how to strengthen the brand experience at every step - before the flight (online booking, online checking), during the journey and after the flight./li>
- New design. Emakina totally revamped the website and built the information architecture around three key actions: “I search for a flight”, “I book my tickets” and “I travel with Brussels Airlines”. This conceptual approach resulted in better usability that guides the customer through the process more efficiently.
- New functionalities. ‘Don’t know where to go on your next holiday?’ BrusselsAirlines.com can suggest an array of suitable destinations with an interactive tool called ‘Inspire Me’. Moreover, each of them has its own Google Map and lets you download a personalized roadbook of tailor-made information about your trip: flight, destination, schedule, luggage policy etc.
- New ‘Privilege’ section. As a frequent flyer, you can manage your loyalty program through a single point of access, which displays your profile, the number of miles you collected so far, what you can get with them etc.
Emakina implemented a new version of the website that pushed the platform forward at every level:
Benefits and results
- 50 % of new sales are online
- From 5 % to 30 % online sales in 5 years
BrusselsAirlines.com has become a strategic sales channel and central hub where customers can interact with the brand anytime, anywhere. The award-winning website:
Thanks to the implementation of Tridion Content Broker 5.3 as a Content Management System, the client benefits from a technical platform that operates across Europe; the website is published in 13 languages in over 22 different countries. From the “master” website in English, local versions are produced and adapted accordingly (with relevant destinations, promotions, pricing etc).
Tridion Content Broker 5.3 is also a powerful aggregator of external content providers such as EB2, ICLP (loyalty program) and Expedia (hotels). Enjoying seamless integration, the website is a one-stop-shop that provides much more than plane tickets and brings a strong added-value to customers who want a convenient way to manage their travel experience.
- Creative brainstorming and concepts.
- Information architecture and usability. Our strategic team thought about the structure of the navigation in terms of the user’s experience. We were able to make the website intuitive and a pleasure to navigate. Ultimately, this keeps users on the site for longer and maximizes the ROI.
- CMS implementation and additional developments. Emakina implemented the Tridion solution and built custom-made modules where necessary.
- Web design.
- Project management. A Project Manager coordinated the project, from first draft to final fine tuning and made sure that we stayed within both the budget and deadline.
Back to list